The ALTEN Group, is seeking to appoint a talented CFO for Southern Europe region. The CFO for Southern Europe activities will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the International Chief Financial Officer. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop internal teams in Italy, Spain and Portugal, to support the following areas: finance, taxes, controlling, human resources, administration, purchasing and IT.
As Finance Director, you will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Deal with all fiscal and social issues, making sure that the companies are compliant with local laws.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the MD; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Manage any issue that has to deal with facilities and general services.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
- Owner of a Master degree
- At least 12-15 years of overall professional experience; After a first period of 2 to 3 years in an auditing company, he/she should have had a 4-5 years period as a controller and then 5-7 years as a financial manager dealing with the management of a multidisciplinary team.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission
- The candidate should be fluent in English, Italian and Spanish, French would be appreciated.
- Eager to travel
Scadenza della domanda :
Contatti : Angela Maiorano