BUSINESS IN 2020 IS STRONGLY IMPACTED BY THE HEALTH CRISIS: ‐11.1%
Since March 2020 business has been strongly impacted by the health crisis and has resumed very progressively this last quarter. Business decreases by 11.1% in 2020: ‐20.0% in France and ‐4.4% overseas. On a like‐for‐like basis and constant exchange rate, business decreases by 12.9%: ‐19.5% in France and ‐7.9% outside France.
Revenue reaches €567.4 M in Q4 thus decreasing by 17.5%: ‐25.2% in France and ‐11.9% overseas. On a like‐for‐like basis, revenue decreases by 17.4%: ‐24.4% in France and 12.4% overseas. The crisis has mainly impacted the Automotive and Civil aeronautics sectors whereas Rail/Naval, Life Sciences and Energy (Oil & Gas excepted) experience a two‐digit growth.
Therefore business has significantly decreased in 2020 in the countries where the Automotive and Civil aeronautics are significant – such as France, Germany, Sweden, the US and the UK. On the contrary, performance was satisfactory in Italy, Switzerland and Asia Pacific.
EXTERNAL GROWTH: 9 ACQUISITIONS AND 3 DIVESTMENTS
ALTEN has consolidated its external development by completing 9 acquisitions in 2020:
- In Asia = 2 companies – one specialised in IT and the other one in Software development
(Revenue: €34.5 M, 580 consultants)
- In US/Ukraine = 1 company specialised in Software development
(Revenue: €7.5 M, 100 consultants)
- In Germany = 2 companies in Engineering Consulting (more specifically in the Automotive sector)
(Revenue: €43 M, 400 consultants)
- In Italy = 2 companies – one specialised in Data science and Data management, the other one in IT Infra and
(Revenue: €97 M, 1,185 consultants)
- In France = 1 company specialised in IT infrastructures
(Revenue: €32 M, 180 consultants)
- 1 company in Portugal specialised in IT Infra and Digital services
(Revenue: €27 M, 400 consultants
ALTEN has sold 3 non‐strategic companies in 2020:
- 1 company in China specialised in the Automotive industry
(Revenue: €6 M, 160 consultants)
- 2 companies in France specialised in Telecoms and Process Manufacturing
(Revenue: €21 M, 360 consultants)
OUTLOOK FOR 2021
The crisis has more durably affected the sectors of Automotive, Trucks, Aerospace & Civil aeronautics. In 2021 business should resume very progressively and strengthen.
The evolution of the health crisis will determine the timing and the intensity of the recovery, as well as the return to organic growth in 2021.
To improve its development and consolidate its position in strategic sectors and activities, ALTEN will pursue a targeted strategy of external growth.